Thursday, September 20, 2012

One Uncomfortable Mama

I know I haven't posted recently, mostly because I feel absolutely miserable and have nothing positive to write about! lol

I forgot the feeling of being sick of pregnancy, and I forgot how irritable/impatient I get with it all. My poor Stu and Gage. And the dog seems to get the worst of it. I think all 3 have learned to just stay out of the same room I'm in.

I've been trying very hard to convince myself that when this baby arrives I'll actually miss being pregnant. This is my last baby, our last baby, so I've been attempting to enjoy every moment and remember the good feelings of pregnancy. It's been so hard, I'm not one of those glowing women that loves being pregnant, quite the opposite really!

I started to become so anxious about going into labor, or more how I would go into labor. With Gage, I walked around 5 cms for a few days without even realizing it and walked into the hospital just feeling minorly uncomfortable. I keep expecting the same thing this time, and for me to not even know I'm in labor. Last week I was a wreck about it all. Now I've finally accepted that this baby will just come when he's ready, that I will absolutely know when that time is, even if it's the most subtle of signs. I think I know my body well enough to tell me when it's ready. I don't think I'll be making it to October, in fact, I'll be absolutely shocked if I do.

At least I don't have to worry about that massive rush to the hospital! I think (or hope!) that everything will just be very calm. Stuart has been working a lot lately, so I'm just really hoping he's home when I go into labor instead of having to call him home from work.

I know this is a short post, but I now need to go give Gage a bath, somehow, with horrible heartburn and no idea how I'm going to lift him into and out of the bathtub.

I can't wait to have my body back!

No comments:

Post a Comment