Monday, December 17, 2012

Carry On

Stuart and I have recently decided that we would look into homeschooling Gage and Finn. It has been something I've thought about, however briefly, before. In the light of all those innocent lives lost this past Friday at Sandy Hook Elementary School, I started doing some research. While I know I live in Canada, and school shootings/mass shootings of any kind are less likely to take place compared to the States, I still wonder. If I put Gage in school, I'm handing over my most prized possessions (one of my 2 anyway!) and I would want them to teach him and keep him safe exactly as I would. I just don't feel like the school system in place could do the same job I could. Every child learns differently and excels with different teaching styles. There are so many things they don't teach in school that I would like my child to know.

When Stu and I talked about it and made our pros and cons list for both homeschooling and going to public school, the homeschooling list was very appealing.

I plan on sharing more as we continue to do our research, and we still have a little bit of time to figure things out (Gage isn't due to start Junior Kindergarten until September 2013) but I'm excited to blog about this journey as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment